Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Electricity Benin

My electricity tour of Africa has taken me to Benin, and sadly, I do NOT know and do not have much to say about Benin.
From the time of Souru Migan Apithy to this present day, Benin has been the country cousin of every other country on the continent. This country has never shaken the idea of living in an ancient kingdom out of their system. The military people have not helped the situation during the years they were there.
When it comes to electricity, Benin has to rely on her neighbours, and would continue to do so until Benin has something to offer somebody else. Benin has no coal for electricity, no mountains with rivers flowing for Hydro, and definitely no oil for diesel generators.

Electricity Benin does not exist so far as I can tell.

Folks, I have scratched and scratch, and so far I see nothing but hippos on this landscape.

No comments: